Purpose of the Job:
To serve the vision of Anchor Bend by way of youth life, development, and pastoral care.
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Hands on youth ministry experience.
- Effective pastoral leadership.
- Consistent involvement with the pastoral needs of Youth.
- Systematic team building and leadership development.
- Ability to communicate vision.
- Youth ministry health assessment, analysis, and restructuring.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook. Must be willing to learn new programs needed.
- Leadership and administrative experience.
- Must be energetic and able to stand or sit for lengths of time as needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop message content based off of the topic of choice to share at Team Night.
- Creating a service environment within Team Night that connects Youth to the Next Steps, dream team, to worship, pray, build healthy community and challenges them to grow as leaders within the church.
- Build teams that involve Youth and empower them as leaders.
- Strategically promoting Team Night within the campus using mediums such as Sunday mornings, First Wednesdays.
- Actively participating in social media on a regular basis for Youth and parents to stay connected to youth services.
- Intentionally build relationships with affiliated churches.
- Connect with schools within the community in order to enable Youth to participate in Youth services.
- Actively following up with every youth that fills out a connection card from a Youth service.
- Relationally serve Youth pastoral care needs and create personal growth plans for Youth to receive and or experience healing, restoration, deliverance, freedom, and the process of redemption.
- Liaison for all Small Group systems and structure implemented by Anchor Bend.
- Liaison for all Next Steps systems and structure implemented by Anchor Bend.
- Liaison for all Dream Team systems and structure implemented by Anchor Bend.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Availability for hosting services, hosting guest pastors, and leading other operational components of Anchor Bend.
Employee’s possess and exhibit the following core values in their daily lives:
- Love for God
- Love for people
- Work ethic that is excellent, protective and frugal with time and money.
- Attitude of a servant, enjoyable to be with and devoted to the call of God and the Church.
- Grit and perseverance
Skills & Attributes:
- Christ-like, servant attitude.
- Devoted to the call of God and the vision of Anchor Bend.
- Operate with a spirit of excellence.
- Committed to the core values and purposes of Church of the Anchor Bend.
- Committed and personally vested in the well-being and success of small groups at Anchor Bend.
- Leader, team builder.
- Passion for the Lord and people.
- Light lifting